The camera I used in this illustration is a Minolta SRT SC2. But it should be very similar to all the other cameras in the Minolta SRT series. Treat this as a visual aid to help you, I expect you to have some knowledge working on cameras.
- First, take the ring off the advance lever and the lever assembly is free.
- Before I take the Shutter speed / ISO selector off, I always do the following. Set shutter to B and ISO to minimum.
- Now simply take the screw off and lift up the selector assembly.
- Take the rewind crank off by jamming something in to hold the shaft.
- Take the retaining ring off with spanner wrench.
- The red dot is actually a screw, you’ll have to ply the red dot off to reveal the slot with a needle
- 2 more screws on the back and one screws on the advance side.
- Leave the 2 screws (If equipped) on the sides by the Minolta emblem.
- No wires from the body to hot shoe.
!THIS STEP IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!
- Take the retainer ring that was on top of the top plate under the rewind crank, screw it back on immediately so the cable system won’t come off. This is the “HUB” of the cables system. Contact me if you need help on putting the cables back in order.
*The flat copper arm under one of the cable and goes on top of the metering pod in the photo was my problem. It was lose and misplaced so it blocks the moment of my match needle arm (one with a circle). I am not sure if I photographed all these photos before or after I put the arm back in the right place, so do not use these photos as a reference of that arm.*
- Here is a quick reference to some of the components you will see.
- Note, you will not be able to change the focusing screen without taking the whole prism assembly off the body.
- NOT RECOMMENDED ! If you take the prism assembly totally off the body, you will have to recalibrate the focus during reassembly !
- However you can take only the prism part off and clean underneath, and also piece of glass in between.
- Click here for High Res
Close up of different components without detailed captions
End of CameraPorn for you CJ.